Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Carbo Loading at Benassi Ristorante Italiano

It is not always that I get to try Italian food. So imagine my thrill when Madz invited me to try dining at Benassi Ristorante Italiano. This hidden gem, found along Meralco Avenue in Ortigas, is a tiny place that offers variety of home-cooked Italian family recipes, inspired by the little town of Massa in Tuscany, Italy.  












I found the place very relaxing with simple yet interesting wall decals. 






When we arrived, we were first offered complementary garlic bread in a basket while waiting for the set course prepared for us. There is nothing special about the garlic bread but it is still okay. 



The soup followed. I made a little mistake of accepting the waiter's offer for some pepper so it triggered my already itchy throat. But hey, the entries that followed made me forget it afterwards! Please take note that the following dishes are their signature showstoppers. I'm such a lucky preggy!


Crema di zucca. Php150

Risotto com Funghi Porcini. Php370

Risotto Ai Frutti Di Mare. Php 380

I know this is rice but I wasn't able to resist this! If I wasn't really that conscious I could have finished the whole plate! I love love love seafood and cheese and ripe tomato made into risotto. So heavenly!


Antipasto Misto. Php695

Ravioli con Funghi Porcini. Php 350

This one is another favorite of mine. It is made of riccota cheese with porcini mushrooms. For me, the cheesier it is the yummier!



Ravioli con Spinaci. Php350


Osso Bucco. Php900

This one is a killer. At first I thought it's Bulalo but then I learned that it is an Italian specialty of cross-cut veal shanks! I've heard it took 8 hours to prepare this dish. The veal shanks are then braised with vegetable, hite wine, and broth. My husband, who's not a fan of pasta, almost finished the entire takeaway I brought home. It only meant one thing: this dish is delicious!

Prosciutto e Rucola. Php490

The distinct taste of the prosciutto carried the flavor of this pizza. Unfortunately I find the pizza a little dry. I guess I'm just used to eating a stringy one, but if that is how it should supposed to be then I guess they did a great job here.  


Mascarpone Cake. Php 220

This authentic Tiramisu version of Benassi is a little light and foamy. I usually do not eat Tiramisu because I am dead allergic to coffee. But I gave it a try. It is good! For me it just got a little hint of coffee and more on cream filling. 
 
L-R: Madz, Me, Katia (owner) and Mel
 
Benassi is owned by husband-and-wife DJ and Katia Benassi-De Guzman. Mrs. Katia is sooo beautiful and accommodating. She even joined us while dining and I had fun discussing with her, besides Italian food, mommy diaries and breastfeeding. I am really an advocate of breastfeeding so I easily liked her. They are hand-on with the management, together with her mom, Rolyn, who is culinary-trained in Italy, was the one who develop Benassi's menu. 



Benassi Ristorante Italiano
Ground Floor of the Exchange Regency,
Meralco Ave., cor. Exchange Road, Ortigas Center. 
For reservation: 310-8566
For delivery within Ortigas 0917 6203932



0 comments:

Post a Comment

© The Lady with a Pink Pen, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena