Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Staying Sober at Tipsy Beans Coffee Shop

Last Friday night, Madz and I did a little trip to Mandaluyong to visit a new coffee shop owned by Sybil's (a friend and a co-worker) husband and brother-in-law. This place is not your usual coffee shop, if you ask me. Their unique blends and dishes are so interesting that they had the tendency to blow your mind away! Well, not really, but you can either end up wide awake or a little TIPSY! Yep, you heard that right. They have liquor all over the place. From their wide selections of coffee, to their pastas, down to their desserts! Boy! What a good place to hang out for people like me who prefers the quietness of a coffee shops, rather than the noise and  the crowdedness of the clubs, on a weekend night while still enjoying some alcohol fix and chatting the night away.


The set up and the design of the place is amusingly simple. Look at how they cleverly decorated potential eyesores.

I love the robot design.

They have this little art corner where in you can leave drawings and notes.


I'd love to copy this concept at home, too. The photographs and coloring pens are so cute and Pinterest worthy.


Wonderful choice of wall decal and restroom symbol.



I'm no interior designer nor have a keen eye for interiors but to me this place is cozy enough. I love their table centerpiece. I was so close to bringing home one of the little bottles. LOL!


I told you liquor was all over the place. Check out their pastry section:


Zooming-in to the lower part...


See the word "Brandy"? Even this one contained liquor in it. So amusing! Too bad I wasn't able to taste this one. But there will be another time for that. For now, let me show you what my friend and I ordered.

I had the classic spaghetti made out of ground chicken. You have no idea how happy I was to be able to satisfy my spaghetti cravings.

Sober Pasta: Classic Spaghetti. Php 108. 

Madz had their Gin Margherita Penne. According to her, it tasted a little sweet.

 Tipsy Pasta: Gin Margherita Penne. Php 128.

Sybil made us try another pasta. It tasted a little like Carbonara with a twist. I bet you already know what twist I'm referring to, but to be more specific, the liquor in it is a combination of white wine and  whiskey.

 Tipsy Pasta: Drunken Hungarian Sausage and Mushroom. Php 128.

Now came the sandwiches. I had Good Ol' Chicken Pesto while Madz had their Breakfast Cup with a side of Potato Nuggets. The Chicken Pesto was great and the cheese proportion was good. Definitely a must-try! I wasn't able to try Madz's sandwich because, hello, bacon. But admit it, the presentation is very appetizing!

Good Ol' Chicken Pesto. Php 95.

Breakfast Cup. Php 95.

Potato Nuggets Php 50 (Php 20 for add-on's)

For our drinks, I ordered the Shark Infested Lemonade which has a little blue curacao and some rum while Madz went for a sober drink and opted for the Bacon Milk Shake. I wasn't able to try that one, too, because what can I say? The girl must be really loving the bacon.

Shark Infested Lemonade. Php 55.

Bacon Milk Shake. Php 95.

Sybs also made us try their best seller, Irish Cream on Coffee Rocks. The actual serving size is much larger than this. Although I'm allergic to caffeine, I still didn't want to miss out on this home made Irish cream with whiskey. The little sip I made was enough. It reminded me of the mocha flavored mudslide but with a stronger coffee flavor.

Irish Cream on Coffee Rocks. Php 80.

For desserts, we ordered Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Mint Brownie and Blueberry Cheese Cake. I'm a Cheese Cake kind of girl but I found myself munching on the brownie instead. The brownie is super chocolate chewy bursting with mint flavor. I so love it I'm actually planning to order a box sometime this week.

Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Mint Brownie. Php 45/ pcs (Php 250/half dozen Php 495/dozen)

Blueberry Cheese Cake. Php 45/ pcs (Php 270/half dozen Php 540/dozen)

Will I visit this place again? Definitely! I can't wait to try their other items. Try it too! It will surely "Redefine your coffee experience".

Tipsy Beans Coffee Shop
#50 Doming M. Guevara, Highway Hills
Mandaluyong, Philippines 
Phone numbers:
0917-4188747 / 0922-8200082 / 621-3660
Open Daily from 10am - 12mn


0 comments:

Post a Comment

© The Lady with a Pink Pen, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena