Monday, July 8, 2013

My First 3k Run - Off the Bucket List!

A friend asked me: "Masarap ba? Anong flavor?
I can only reply this: "Masarap yung tubig pag umimon ka after. Nagkakalasa. Parang Chocolate!"

But seriously, it was very fulfilling! I was able to finish it within 37-39 minutes. And to think that I deviated from our 3k route and was following a 12k route only to realize it when I was already going uphill! It was both annoying and fun at the same time, you know. 

The Los Banos Uphill Challenge by Run Mania Philippines started at exactly 5:35 am last Saturday. We arrived at around 5:45 - 10 minutes late and the runners were already nowhere in sight. My husband and I made a sprint just to be able to catch up! I ended up catching my breath midway instead. I'm talking about no warm-ups here. Not to mention, no whatsoever preparation for this big leap in my life. If you're wondering why I'm so proud of this seemingly small achievement, well, you bet I am! This is something new to me and something promising. 

I contemplated enough whether to publish my running photos taken during the event or not. These images sadden me, in fact, they totally frighten me. But I'm showing this to you now because I am going to have a commitment with my self. These will be part of the images I'll be keeping in my mind just in case I result to stress-eating one of these days due to, well, stress, what else? 


The husband texting me asking where I was at this moment.

Photos courtesy of Running Photographers 

I AM FAT. I KNOW. But, I can do something about it. And I have to start NOW.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© The Lady with a Pink Pen, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena