Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Featuring: Samsung ATIV Book 9

So I finally decided: I am not gonna get a MacBook Air. Why? Because I do a lot of software testing work (a.k.a The Professional Pessimist) and I need something flexible wherein I can install a lot of tools without having to think whether or not there is a Mac installer version for it. My only problem is that I needed something light (and cute! LOL)

I had the money (yes, yabang!) and my palms were itching in getting a new MacBook Air, believe me. But then going to SM Megamall Cybermall and browsing through shops made me rethink: I can get a better one and save at the same time!

At first I have my eye on a pink Sony Vaio laptop. Boy it was heavy! The specs were good but I am not happy with the fact that I will have to carry a 2+kg. everyday. It was hard finding the right one until I saw one of Samsung ATIV Book 9. It's thin of about 1.5kg. (12.76" x 8.82" x 0.69") with 13.3" HD LED Display. Just right and enough display. It also has very competitive processor and memory, plus, the exterior is very classy!




The only drawback is the 128GB Solid-state Drive. Yes, it has no hard drive. But the SSD technology provides snappier computing experience - quicker to boot up, faster file transfer, etc. I don't mind the low storage as I do have a lot of flash drives and external HD for storing movies, pictures, files and all. As long as it can run the Sims 3 application then I got no problem, LOL!


It's not pink but I love how I was able to customized it. I thought I would have to hate Windows 8 but after upgrading it to 8.1 I learned how to appreciate it. So thankful for the techie genes! And oh, did I mention that it has a tatskrin (touch screen) feature? So handy and very trabahong-tamad!



I get to bring it to the office everyday because I also do part-time job (oDesk) during my free and break time (I have to emphasize that one). It's not that expensive compared to the Php50-55k MacBook Air that I was eyeing so I'm so happy I get to keep the rest of my money and use it for other important things (like baby stuff? hehe)

Browse here for the full specification.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© The Lady with a Pink Pen, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena