Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Big 3-0 Celebration Part 2 of 3: Giligans @ Robinsons Galleria

My team is composed of 83% bullies (yup, I calculated the head count!) so I really braced myself for a lot of treat hirit weeks before my birthday. Good thing our team also had 2 other birthday celebrants for May so I wasn't the only one who shouldered the whole expenses. Thank God!

Since it was the three of us who would treat the team at the same time, a simple Pansit Malabon and Pichi-Pichi from Amber is not enough. So we agreed to treat the team for lunch instead. Only few restaurants in Robinsons Galleria offers group meal packages and Giligans' menu presented a lot of choices. I, together with the other two girls from the team, took an early lunch break to go ahead and ordered in advance. We ordered 3 sets of the same group meal that is good for 6 people. Can you believe it was only Php 906? How tipid, right? Anf the menu? Well, it was okay. Nothing special but good enough to feed an entire team composed of 83% testosterone. 


I agreed to the choice of the set we picked simply because of this Calamares Fritos. Unfortunately is was a little spicy for me.
 Calamares Fritos

Their Lumpiang Shanghai was tiny so to better appreciate it, you need to consume at least 2. I had 4 of these. 
 Lumpiang Shanghai

Their Sizzling Peppery Steak was good but the serving was small. I had to stay conscious and refrained myself from getting a lot more since I might end up finishing the whole plate. 
 Sizzling Peppery Steak

There is nothing extraordinary with their Inihaw na Baboy. I also find the serving of this one small. But I have to commend that it was fairly cooked.
 Inihaw na Baboy

Their Sinigang na Baboy had just the right amount of sourness. The meat was tender and just enough for the group. Too bad there was no lady's finger (okra) in the soup.
Sinigang na Baboy 

The group meal set comes with iced tea drinks and a platter of rice. You can upgrade the rice to unlimited servings for only Php50. 

Here's the happy team before the meal, please excuse my pale face as I was a bit tired that day.

The team after the meal:

You may have noticed that we didn't have any dessert after the meal but I had it covered. It was my turn to bully our former manager, who was no longer deployed to our team, to use his connections and get me my favorite cheesecake from Asian Development Bank (ADB).


You may be unaware but ADB's cafeteria and bakery offers good food and pastries. I got to try their cheesecake during my sister's birthday way, way back while my brother-in-law was still working at ADB. It has haunted me for years! And the painful part is that it is only sold exclusively to ADB employees. Good thing my former manager still had some connections inside. Yes, the line "I have connections, connections that you don't have" in Laida Magtalas' tone is very much applicable to him. And I cannot wait to bully him again in getting me their big chewy crinkles next time. 

This is me with my cheesecake! I'm telling you, every bite is such a delight. The cake was baked to perfection! The toppings was not that sweet and it doesn't overpower the fullness of the cheesecake. You can really feel its texture in your mouth. I got to share this with my colleagues and family. The husband liked it. He's not fond of sweets and the likes but he liked it!   

I guess I must end my entry now before I crave for another slide of this glorious cake. Stay tuned for my third birthday celebration. This time with my love ones :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© The Lady with a Pink Pen, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena