Monday, May 19, 2014

The Big 3-0 Celebration Part 1 of 3: Mangan @ Glorietta

This was purely coincidental but I got to celebrate my big 3-0 in 3 different occasions. But before that, let me show you what I shamelessly posted in my instagram and facebook page on the day of my birthday.


Turning 30 is an awakening stage for me. I keep telling myself that I need to double my effort, double my focus and start thinking about my retirement! It's actually very tiring to worry about almost everything. But I need to remind myself that hey! I'm just turning 30, so let's all be calm and age gracefully. And of course, let's not forget to consume what life has to offer. Specially food. 

Celebration part 1.

I got to celebrate my birthday in advance together with my dad. How I wish it was with my entire family but General Santos was a bit far to travel at that moment! But Dad's presence totally made up for it. He purposely extended his stay here in Manila just to treat me and my family to dinner - an advanced birthday gift. It was very thoughtful of him and for that, I am truly grateful.

We didn't want a buffet because (1) I need to watch what I eat now (2) we have a very active and impatient toddler. We wanted a simple but filling menu that is familiar to us so we opted for Mangan in Glorietta. Mangan is actually Cabalen's other branch that specializes and serves the uniqueness of Kapampangan cuisine. The name itself means "Let's Eat", which is also their tag line in inviting guest and diners.

Mangan was not jam-packed when we arrived. The place was not big but just enough for us to enjoy our meal in an intimate manner. The ambiance was also appropriate with soft music and relaxed waiters. I find their food well flavored and very Filipono-ish.

 Bulalong Baka with Mais. Php 380.
"Deep poached beef shank with red onion, whole peppercorn, Japanese sweet corn and cabbage"

 Sisig ni Mely. Php 260.
"Coarsely minced boiled and grilled pork's mask and tossed with chicken liver paste, red onion, fresh calamansi extract, salt and pepper and chili peppers"

Bangus Belly in Tausi Sauce. Php 220.

Kare-Kare Buntot ng Baka. Php 360. 
"Soft boiled ox tail stewed in home style peanut butter sauce"

Green Mango Shake and Melon Shake.

Bibingka W/ Salted Egg Grated Coconut. Php 130. 

Our order was big enough for just the four of us. The Kare-Kare soon found itself near my plate! haha. The husband and our son loved the Bulalo while daddy was the one who ordered Sisig. Before that, I found my dad staring at a Crispy Pata picture! As much as I would like one, too, unfortunately, we both need to stay away from it muna.


Enough food was still left for take-away. Unfortunately, the waiter misunderstood us and the food was thrown instead. Nevertheless, we still enjoyed our dining experience.


This is dad with Dibo. Dibo also enjoyed the Bibingka and my husband's Mango Shake. 


This is me and the husband. Can't you see how full I was? Lol.


My favorite boys hand in hand. Soon there'll be four of them in front of me. Oh I can't wait!

Coming up is my part 2 celebration with the Meralco peeps. Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© The Lady with a Pink Pen, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena