Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lunch Date at Wee Nam Kee and Poco Deli for Desserts

We made a little trip to Ayala Triangle after reporting to our company's head office yesterday at lunch. We were a bit lucky because by the time we arrived, it was past lunch time already so almost all of the restaurants are not jam-packed. We passed by at each restaurant looking at their menu and only one dish caught my eye this time. I bet you are now aware that I do not eat pork and beef dishes for the mean time that is why when I saw Wee Nam Kee's photo of their Roasted Chicken Rice I knew instantly that I needed to try it.

Php168 for personal set, Php 248 for small, Php 488 for medium, and Php 888 forlarge

The personal set we had was served together with Chicken rice and Chicken soup. The meat was boiled to perfection while maintaining its taste and tender texture. Now don't get me started with the crispy skin that  is obviously bathing in fatty oil and seasoned sauce. Boy, it was delicious! And considering that they were priced just right, I guarantee it's super worth-it. I can't wait to bring my husband to this place. He would definitely share the same sentiments that I had. 


For dessert, we checked out Poco Deli's cakes. Poco Deli's specialty are of sausages, meat slabs and several cheese. You would also find an array of wines to choose from to go with your meal. They have limited cakes to offer but I'm telling you, those are enough. I had the red velvet cake while my friend and pigout buddy Madz had their carrot cake. 

Carrot Cake. Php 150.

Red Velvet Cake. Php 150.
The icing, we think, are made of delectable cheesecake as it was a little hard but still creamy. At first we wanted to comment about how small the serving size is but after devouring almost half of the slice, we realized that the serving size is just enough. In fact, because each slices is so rich and powerfully sweet, we weren't able to finish them. Nakakaumay! But I would definitely go back to try their Black Out Chocolate, which is claimed to be one of the best chocolate cakes in Manila, and their interesting homemade ice cream flavors. My husband would surely love their bacon slab and their selection of sausages. 


Wee Nam Kee Locations:


Ayala Avenue, Ayala Triangle
Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines 
Phone Number
(+63 2) 846-8924

Ground Level, Glorietta 1, Glorietta
Ayala Center
Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines 
Phone Number
(+63 2) 478-8477

Ground Level, Serendra Piazza
Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines 
Phone Number
(+63 2) 822-7095, (+63 917) 828-5025

4th Level, TriNoma Mall
EDSA cor. North Ave.
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines 
Phone Number
(+63 2) 576-6318, (+63 917) 828-5017

Ground Level, New Wing, Alabang Town Center
Alabang-Zapote Road, Alabang
Muntinlupa, Metro Manila, Philippines 
Phone Number
(+63 2) 478-9103, (+63 917) 815-7959

Poco Deli Locations:


Ayala Avenue, Ayala Triangle
Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines 

21 East Capitol Drive, Barangay Kapitolyo
Pasig, Metro Manila, Philippines 
Phone Number
(+63 2) 477-4332, (+63 922) 892-9211

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© The Lady with a Pink Pen, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena