Tuesday, June 25, 2013

While Working From Home

I love Mondays and I love waking up at around 7:00 am just to stare fondly at my little dragon:

I love that I'm at home making sure to that our house is ready for the whole week while not missing out from my work. I hope I can keep all my Mondays like this but I guess I have to say goodbye to this kind of lifestyle soon. But that would be on a different blog post. For now, allow me to immortalize this simple luxury that I'm receiving right now through this post. 

I am such a proud parent because lately I've been seeing my son open a book like a pro. He would stare at the pictures diligently and would point out pictures of familiar objects when he sees one. I'm so happy that he can already associate things to their use and purpose. 


When he was still 13-months old, he used to put his foot on top of a picture of a shoe and it never failed to amazed me even up to now. But lately he got his eyes on his father's shoe. He would take them himself from our shoe rack and would put them down on the floor just so he can wear them. Don't worry, I always make sure to wash his hands with soap and water after, so germs are least of your concerns (smiley face)


Yesterday he kept showing me a page in his book full of transportation and then he became restless like he was looking for something. When I saw a picture of a bus I assumed he was looking for my iPhone and wanted me to play the video of this:


My instinct was correct. As soon as I started playing the video, he kept pointing back and forth from the picture of a bus in his book and to the image in the video while saying 'booo! booo!' (we figured long before that this is how he calls a bus). It was as if he was telling me that the picture in his book is the same as the image in his favorite video. All I could say at that moment are the words "oh, they're the same!" and "ang galing galing naman ng baby ko!". I swear I made hundreds of kiss on his head that time. It is such a joy knowing that your kid is discovering things day by day. I'm just so grateful that I have an additional day besides my weekends to witness such things. But not only that. I also get to experiment in my kitchen during my work from home schedule. Because, you see, we don't have yaya Alma during the weekends, so cooking and baking during these times are a bit challenging. Although I was able to make some breakfast consisting of waffles, bacon, eggs and some turkey deli last Sunday, still, I was only able to accomplish that while the baby was still sleeping. Here's the waffles, by the way. It's my second attempt to make one. The first try was a disaster.


Anyway, I'm just so blessed that we were allowed to work from home 2 days in a week. Otherwise, my dream of becoming a good parent and a good cook would be very hard to attain. Here's a dish I was able to prepare last night. 


A couple of chicken fillet, some carrots and beans, cauliflower and some cabbage stir fried in oyster and fish sauce and I made us a hefty dinner. Oh, I can't wait for Thursday already!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

© The Lady with a Pink Pen, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena