Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mrs. Waffle Goes Korean in Matgalne Restaurant

With over 20 unlimited side dishes and eat-all-you-can-grill pork and beef, who can say no to that? I didn't. Even if I don't actually eat meat, except for a little poultry here and there and some seafood. Anyway, I still can't say no when my friend Madz asked me to join her in this mini Korean trip in Makati. 

I've been to a Korean restaurant a couple of times and I'm used to having my Bibimbap served to me already prepared. Image my surprise when I was faced with this:


I made a little scoop of some warm rice, topped it will some stomach-friendly looking sauteed/seasoned vegetable and took a photo. LOL.



My bowl looked pathetic compared to my friend's bowl so I'm posting her finished product here. I swear I have no idea what I was doing but it totally made the whole experience fun and entertaining.


"Mixed rice" it is! But my ignorance didn't stop there. As I've mentioned, they offered over 20 side dishes to choose from. Boy! That was very challenging.



Some soups:


 My plate ended up with the following side dishes:


Some of my favorites that made me go back are the following: The seaweed roll that is called Kimmari, dried seaweed rice ball called Jumeok Bap, sweet potato noodles stir-fried with vegetable called Jabchae, Zucchini Jeon, some onion rings, banana turon and Mattang - korean version of camote cue (finally, something familiar!). And lastly, you have no idea how happy I was to find Dak Kang Jung or sweet and spicy chicken in the selection, because after a few minutes, we were served with this:



Fresh meat ready for grilling. The sight of it was mouth-watering yet still, I didn't partake in this. But this time I have an idea how to eat the grilled meat well. You see, before I started my no pork/beef diet, I also had my fair share of experience wrapping a grilled meat with a lettuce and dipping it in salt and pepper sauce or chili pepper paste. Yes, totally YUMMY!



They also have several leafy vegetable to choose from:


Did I mention that for eat-all-you-can-grill meat and unlimited side dishes you only got to pay Php399.00?  Fair deal and a good price for a semi-healthy buffet, right? But wait, there's more. Right now, they have a special lunch buffet promo of only Php299.00 until June 30, 2013. So if you are looking for a Korean getaway in the metro, I recommend that you should try this place. The food did make me feel like a Korean. (LOL. That was a little exaggeration


Location:

Matgalne Restaurant, Main Branch
4768 Kalayaan Avenue Corner Mariano Street, Poblacion
Makati City, Metro Manila
Tel #: (02) 890 – 2949

Matgalne Restaurant
2F Millenium Place BIdg., Meralco Avenue
Ortigas Center, San Antonio
Pasig City, Metro Manila
Tel #: (02) 632 – 9714

Lunch buffet starts from 11:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
Dinner buffet starts from 5:30 PM to 11:00 PM.

2 comments:

  1. Bakit naligaw ang mukha ko dito? Hahaha. paparazzi mode ka! Muka talaga akong mataray :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahihihi ginawa kitang model :) okay lang may dating naman eh :)

    ReplyDelete

© The Lady with a Pink Pen, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena