Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Chicken Spring Rolls and Fried Rice: My Chinese Meal Attempt

So I've been craving for some Spring Rolls lately but unfortunately all I can find are mostly made out of pork or beef. I went ahead and found a recipe for a Pinsec Prito (will try this next time) and this gave me an idea to use ground chicken instead. 

Here are the available ingredients I was able to find at home.


I know I could have added more extenders but this and Kraft Eden Cheese will do for now. I added some salt and pepper and then mixed them all together. 



Here's the tedious and crucial part: wrapping. Worst than chopping the carrots and the onions.


I carefully rolled each wrapper and 'sealed' them properly with water. I later set them aside in the fridge while I prepare my fried rice.


It's getting boring but I wanted to use up the remaining tidbits of carrot, corn and green peas and added a little Maggi Sarap. I didn't make any major grocery shopping the weekend before so no new ingredient can be found here. I'll try to be more creative next time. When my fried rice was done, I then proceeded frying my spring rolls. I was afraid they would unwrapped themselves. Based on experience some becomes loose during the frying process so I laid each rolls carefully in my semi-deep fryer. Fortunately, it turned out better than expected. 


Presenting, my version of Chicken Spring Rolls and Fried Rice.


Til my next adventure in the kitchen! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© The Lady with a Pink Pen, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena